With Amazon Prime Day starting off the eCommerce holiday season, it’s a great reminder that now is the time to optimize your eCommerce site before the holiday shopping rush. With supply chain issues and shipping delays still plaguing the industry, consumers will start shopping earlier this year, similar to 2021.
Online holiday sales are projected to reach $235.86 billion this year, with half coming from mobile devices. The customer experience is critical to maximizing the holiday shopping season, regardless of where or how consumers are shopping – in-store, online or buying online and picking up in-store.
Starting with Search
A website's search function is one of the most significant online revenue sources. Poor search experiences account for $300 billion in lost revenue in the U.S. each year, with three out of four consumers leaving a site for a competitor after an unsuccessful search. When selecting a site search partner, the essential features to look for include:
- AI-powered product discovery solution built using state-of-the-art AI algorithms.
- Hyper-personalization that leverages Al, real-time data, and connects in-store and online user profiles to deliver more relevant results.
- Scalable omnichannel functionality that enables store/zip code level search across platforms and devices, while supporting all fulfillment types.
- Merchandising platform that is optimized for revenue, increases productivity and empowers merchandising teams to make data-driven decisions with actionable insights.
GroupBy's Product Discovery Platform powered by Google Cloud Discovery AI taps into Google's years of experience delivering personalized content across flagship properties such as Google Search, Google Shopping and YouTube. Gain access to Search, Recommendations, Data Enrichment, Merchandising and Reporting & Analytics directly within a single platform.
Check out our holiday eCommerce infographic for additional retail stats and expected results by upgrading to GroupBy’s Product Discovery Platform powered by Google Cloud Discovery AI.
- 1 https://www.digitalcommerce360.com/article/online-holiday-sales/
- 2 https://www.statista.com/statistics/728120/annual-amazon-prime-day-sales
- 3 https://www.digitalcommerce360.com/industry-resource/strategy-insights-the-2021-cyber-5-report/
- 4 https://www.emarketer.com/content/us-holiday-2021-review-holiday-2022-preview
- 5 https://www.insiderintelligence.com/insights/holiday-sales-data
- 6 https://www.digitalcommerce360.com/article/online-holiday-sales/
- 7 https://www.insiderintelligence.com/insights/holiday-sales-data
- 8 https://chargebacks911.com/2021-holiday-kickoff/
- 9 https://queue-it.com/blog/2021-online-holiday-shopping-statistics/
- 10 https://www.digitalcommerce360.com/2021/06/21/retailers-prime-their-own-deals-to-combat-amazon/
- 11 https://www.insiderintelligence.com/insights/holiday-sales-data
- 12 https://www.wolfgangdigital.com/kpi-2019/
- 13 https://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20220118005194/en/Record-Breaking-Holiday-Spending-in-2021-as-Consumers-Release-Pent-Up-Demand
- 14 https://www.drip.com/blog/holiday-shopping-statistics
- 15 https://cloud.google.com/blog/topics/retail/search-abandonment-impacts-retail-sales-brand-loyalty
- 16 https://www.forbes.com/sites/forbestechcouncil/2020/03/12/in-online-retail-all-searches-are-not-equal/
- 17 https://www.mckinsey.com/business-functions/growth-marketing-and-sales/our-insights/the-value-of-getting-personalization-right-or-wrong-is-multiplying
- 18 https://v12data.com/blog/25-amazing-omnichannel-statistics-every-marketer-should-know/
- 19 https://www.mckinsey.com/business-functions/growth-marketing-and-sales/our-insights/the-value-of-getting-personalization-right-or-wrong-is-multiplying
- 20 https://www.mckinsey.com/industries/retail/our-insights/automation-in-retail-an-executive-overview-for-getting-ready